Introvert Assessment. Grab a piece of paper and answer true or false to these statements. This quiz was taken from the book “Quiet” by Susan Cain. I did not come up with any of this on my own.
1) ____ I prefer one on one conversation to group activities.
2) ____ I often prefer to express myself in writing.
3) ____ I enjoy solitude.
4) ____ I seem to care less than my piers about wealth, fame and status.
5) ____ I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in depth about topics that matter to me.
6) ____ People tell me that I’m a good listener.
7) ____ I’m not a big risk taker.
8) ____ I enjoy work that allows me to “dive in” with few interruptions.
9) ____ I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members.
10)____ People describe me as “Soft spoken” or “mellow”.
11)____ I prefer not to show or discuss my work with others until it is finished.
12)____ I dislike conflict.
13)____ I do my best work on my own.
14)____ I tend to think before I speak.
15)____ I feel drained after being out and about, even if I’ve enjoyed myself.
16)____ I often let calls go through to voice mail.
17)____ If I had to choose, I would prefer a weekend with absolutely nothing to do to one with too many things scheduled.
18)____ I don’t enjoy multitasking.
19)____ I can concentrate easily
20)____ In classroom situations, I prefer lectures to seminars.
The more often you answered “true”, the more introverted you are. If you answered a roughly equal number true and false then you may be ambivert.